Thursday, January 16, 2020

Introduction




Hi, all! I'm Kennedee! I am originally from Lawton, Oklahoma (born and raised). I am a senior Environmental Studies Major; however, after graduation, I plan on pursuing a nursing degree as well.  I hope to one day be a pediatric nurse. I’ve always had a love and passion for kids, so I’m excited about my future journey!

~~FUN, RANDOM FACT~~

I am one of 8 kids. We are all full blood siblings, even though we do not look like it at all. From the ethnicities we know, we are mostly Chickasaw and Japanese.  The oldest is 29 and the youngest is 16—and yes, there’s only ONE boy. My brother Carter is heaven-sent. In the lineup of kids, I am 5th. Here's a picture of all of us this year at Christmas: 


Image Information: personal photo of me and my siblings
photo from December29, 2019.)

Fur Babies! 

I have 4 fur babies- 3 dogs and 1 cat. Strangely enough, my cat is more of a dog than he is anything. He even likes dog food! Keeping up with these 4 is never a dull moment- ever! There’s always laughs, cuddles, and plenty of kisses to go around!

Image Information: personal photo of my cat Moose who is a rescue from an oil lease
photo from October 7, 2019.)

Image Information: personal photo of Hank- my adopted coonhound
photo from December 15, 2019.)


Image Information: personal photo of Remi (left) and Bodart (right)
photo from August 20, 2019.)

My favorite job: 

I am an aunt to 3 perfect humans and have another niece who is due in March. Her name is Baylee :) Being an aunt is my favorite job. They're my 3 little best friends, who keep life full of laughs and b u s y. Watching wrestling matches (my oldest niece and nephew both), gymnastics meets, school performances, basketball, flag football, etc. are so special.



Image Information: personal photo of me and my nieces Addisyn and Kaelyn and nephew Marty Dean
photo from December 29, 2019.)

Hobbies & Random Facts About Me:

- My hobbies involve lots of hunting and fishing. Me and my boyfriend Hunter are always finding something to do. 

- As talked about before, I love spending time with my nieces and nephew. On their farm, the possibilities are endless. 


- I love to read books whenever I have the time. 

-I have a heart for exploring new places, especially outdoors 

-My favorite color is purple 

- I’ve never read, nor seen the movies to any of the Harry Potter series (I want to, though!)

- I love Mexican Food and really any Asian cuisine, especially Bulgogi! If anyone is ever in Lawton, I 100% recommend going to The Junction. I promise, it’ll change your life. 

- I really only watch TV right before bed, but I love- I mean really love- to watch crime shows. It probably isn't the greatest type of show I could watch before I go to sleep, but I find them incredibly interesting.



Image Information: personal photo of me and the guys on a goose hunt
photo from January 1, 2020.)

Image Information: personal photo of me and an old, beautiful doe that I shot this year!
photo from November 27, 2019.)

Image Information: personal photo of me holding long nosed and spotted gar that I got to get bow fishing!
photo from June 8, 2019.)

Image Information: personal photo of me and my first Rainbow Trout I caught!
photo from July 29, 2019.)







12 comments:

  1. Hi Kennedee!
    I love trying out new restaurants, so I'll have to keep The Junction in mind. It's also interesting how universal of a fun fact it is whether or not a person has seen/read Harry Potter. I haven't done either, similar to you, and it's caused some problems with friends and family. You and your siblings do all look very different, and it's crazy that you have seven of them. I only have one younger brother, although there is a 9 year gap between us so I can at least relate to the age gap some of your siblings experience. Good luck with this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kennedee! I have some friends from Lawton, so if they ever show me their hometown I'll have to try The Junction out. Since you like bulgogi, you might try Wing It in Norman - I think it's super good and they also have really good Korean wings. I can't imagine having as many siblings as you, but your family looks happy and that's what matters. Good luck with classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kennedee! So happy to meet you, you have adorable fur babies. Being the fifth of eight kids is wild. I couldn’t imagine having that big of a family. Its actually funny, but I intern for your representative at the capitol. He is a great guy and he is doing amazing work for your district! (I’d tell you otherwise if I had too) I love people who are environmental studies, every person who I have met in that discipline has been so nice and fun, I cannot wait to interact more over the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have a huge family both humans and non-humans. I love it. I don’t know how far Lawton is from Norman, but I was wondering about your college transition. Was it hard for you to come to college without all of your family and pets? Did you visit home often or feel home sick often? I feel like I would if I had all of that family at home.
    My mom also watches crime shows right before she sleeps. She likes some older ones like Columbo. Another older one I really like is Poirot (based on Agatha Christie books). Probably my favourite more modern one is Criminal Minds, but sometimes I regret watching it if the episode is especially spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, eight kids: how wonderful, Kennedee! With that, you have beat the royal family of Ayodhya in the Ramayana, and also the sons of King Pandu in the Mahabharata (five of them)... but not the sons of King Dhritarashtra in the Mahabharata: he had 100 kids, though a kind of weird medical/magical intervention as you will see. But he had just one daughter; all the rest were boys, so the opposite of your girl-gang! Plus with all those sisters and brother, you are going to be an aunt to many I would imagine: how exciting!
    And your fur creatures look adorable: maybe they will make some appearances in your stories this semester too. The Moose picture is my favorite: so cute! You can tell Moose that the cat in India is the vehicle of the goddess Shashthi, goddess of childbirth: she rides a big cat. Shashthi on her vahana :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kennedee! First of all, one of the things that intrigued me most about your introduction was the many pictures you had! The most interesting ones to me was the hunting ones. I've always wanted to go hunting, but never had the opportunities to do so! Bow hunting sounds so cool, I wish on one of these days I will have the opportunity to do that. Hope to see your blog again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not an environmental studies major, BUT I am a huge environmentalist. All of my friends think I am a bit weird with all of my low waste stuff. I plan on being a PA and working with children so that is pretty similar! Your fur babies are adorable!! I listen to books on my way to class and love it. I have read so many books in the past year and love it. The books that I have been reading are the harry potter books I have listened to them 3 times through in the past year and got my family to listen through once and they loved it. You should really listen and watch the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kennedee! I think it’s awesome that you have a good bit of family to surround you! I loved that you named your cat “Moose” and that he has the personality of a dog. Furthermore, thank you for sharing pictures of your animals! You can never get enough! I honestly can’t say I’ve read too many books in recent years but reading the Harry Potter books was a weird exception for me. They were the only books that I would stay up til 3am on school nights to read. I’d recommend them! I’m also big on Mexican food and admittedly cook tacos WAY to frequently. Thanks for sharing Kennedee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howdy again Kennedee,
    Dang! I only have three siblings and I personally feel like that’s been plenty for me. We have certainly had some rough patches, so I feel like over double that would be a lot of work! I am a huge fan of the name Moose for a cat- I’d bet he’s got a big personality with that name. Best of luck closing down your time at OU.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a big family! I have 5 siblings, and sometimes I think that gets a little crazy, I can't imagine adding 3 more! (It's crazy, but it's also so much fun). I also think it's great that you're an aunt-for some reason, none of my older siblings have had children yet, so I'm still waiting to be one!
    Your animals are cute as well, maybe you can write some stories featuring them. Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kennedee,

    It is great to meet you! Your animals are adorable! That is so funny that your kitty likes dog food. I see that a love for animals is something we have in common. Wow, 8 brothers and sisters? I could barely handle 3 brothers, so props to you for holding your own with them! haha. Your major sounds so interesting, and I think nursing sounds like a great career path for you, especially because you are so passionate about it. I wish you the best the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kennedee! Nice to meet you! Was there any chance you were in PCS freshmen year? I feel like I have seen your name somewhere, maybe we have taken a class together or something?

    I have never met anyone that has pursued nursing after studying Environmental Studies! I’m curious why you chose to do that! Either way, I bet you will make a great pediatric nurse one day!! I also LOVE watching crime shows! Good Luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete