Monday, January 27, 2020

Feedback Thoughts




















For as long as I can remember, I have been an absolute perfectionist. Seriously, like there’s a certain way that I like my laundry done, folded, etc.
In this article, I learned that perfectionism and performance anxiety go hand-in-hand. This leads to focus on preventing negative possibilities, instead of zooming in to look at my strengths.
I really liked this article and the advice and information that it has to offer to someone like me, who is constantly battling herself because of how high my expectations are.




The Emotional Weight of Being Graded, for Better or Worse
This article seriously spoke m e a s u r e s to me. Growing up, my dad always drilled it in our heads that we needed to make A's- a B was not acceptable. Because of this, I've gone throughout life in middle and high school, and now through my college career, constantly measuring my success on the grade that I make in my courses. It's true that because of this, I have doubted so much of my abilities, so-much-so that I changed my major of my dream to be a Physician's Assistant. I've also always dealt with bad test anxiety because of the pressure to perform. If I were to be put in front of my professor and verbally asked the same questions on an exam, I would be able to answer them. However, in a test setting, I lose any sort of relaxation and preparation I had previously. I think that this article is such a good read for anyone who has struggled or still struggles with these!




**** I wrote this bottom review & thought process in red, because when I think about grading or being graded, I think of red markings on my papers or tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment